What is it?
A group of nerves refers pain to a specific organ or region and can be blocked with the injection of medication into a specific area of the body. The injection of this nerve-numbing drug is called a nerve block.
What is it used for?
Different types of nerve blocks are used for different type of conditions.
- Trigeminal nerve blocks are typically used for myofascial pain
- Ophthalmic & Supraorbital nerve blocks are used for forehead and the area around eyelids
- Sphenopalatine nerve block for nose and palate
- Cervical epidural, thoracic epidural, and lumbar epidural block for back and neck
- Brachial plexus block for administering anesthesia to the upper limb
- Celiac plexus block for the pelvis region